Somehow, it doesn't feel like how everyone makes it out to be.

I'm not jumping for joy...
I'm not taken unaware with a shock...
I'm not itching to go let everyone know...
I'm not worried and afraid of the unknowns ahead...

...if anything, I'm relieved and just somewhat satisfied... for now.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The slow and gradual discovery

When GF's usually regular and predictable period didn't come on schedule, we both thought it was just due to the stress she was going through at that time. She was handling her booth at a furniture expo in China just after our busy Chinese New Year festivities. She also ignored her slight chest discomfort and lack of appetite too.

Upon her return, something told me these were symptoms of pregnancy. We weren't too serious about it given our history on such things, so getting the cheapest pregnancy test kit from the pharmacy only happened the next day.

23 March 2010: Two lines! For me, it was a definitive conclusion, but GF was still unsure and felt it could be an inaccurate reading from the cheap test kit, or an imbalance of hormones due to the preceding few hectic weeks. She decided a visit to her GP for a scan was in order the next day.
"Your sac is 29mm in diameter and a fetus is developing just fine." was what she told me her GP said. We were on a Live Messenger chat, and I realised that both of us weren't really surprised, with everything we had come to know in the last few days. We were quite unemotional about it.

GF was tired, as she had been since returning from her China trip, and this evening, hubby will be coming home early too, in happiness and relief, to share the special discovery together.

Tiger Baby, conceived mid Feb 2010, due mid Nov 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment